Former Marine, Brandon J. Raub of Virginia was arrested last night (Thursday, August 16th) around 7:30pm ET.
Brandon Raub's Facebook, which has posts of patriotic discontent, is what has been cited by the Josh Tolley Channel as the reason for Raub's arrest.
Some recent posts from Raub's Facebook
(All of these posts have a Facebook Privacy Setting of Public.)
- Sunday August 12, 2012 (4:07pm) - Do you know why the American people will win the civil war that is coming? Because we are Americans.
- Monday August 13, 2012 (1:36am) - Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. Napoleon
- Monday August 13, 2012 (9:07am) - veni vidi vici
- Monday August 13, 2012 (11:38am) - Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads.
- Monday August 13, 2012 (1:38pm) - You should understand that many of the things I have said here are for the world to see.
- Tuesday August 14, 2012 (8:28am) - This is the picture of the Pentagon, right after our leaders shot a missle into it. [Photo Inserted after text]
- Tuesday Aug. 14, 2012 (8:37am) - This is firefighters talking about the explosive charges placed within the twin towers. [Link to video]
- Tuesday Aug. 14, 2012 (6:15pm) - The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. ;) [In a comment below this post he posts an address] I'm at 2912 Bensley Road Richmond, Virginia 23237.
- Wednesday Aug. 15, 2012 (2:00am) - [Link to Video] The Revolution is here. And I will lead it.
- Wednesday Aug. 15, 2012 (10:32am) - [Link to Video] Feelin like Pac all Eyes on me.
- Thursday Aug. 16, 2012 (12:06am) - AND THEY WILL SAY HE SAID IT TO THE NSA FIRST.
- Thursday Aug. 16, 2012 (2:10pm) - [Link to Video] Courage. Loyalty. And Honor.
As of this article, the above was his last public Facebook post - although there could be more that are not open to the public.
The following video is from the Josh Tolley Channel:
Former Marine Raub Brandon was taken by FBI and Secret Service last night (8/15/12) for his patriotic Facebook Posts. Now being held in mental hospital.
Video of Brandon Raub as he is arrested by Chesterfield County, Virginia Police Department:
This video was taken 8.16.12 around 7:30 pm. This is the video of a fellow patriot, Brandon J Raub, being "arrested" and taken away by Chesterfield County Virginia Police Department. They showed up inquiring his postings on facebook, and then they just took him.
Is this one example of the Patriot Act in action? When you say something online that sounds a little nuts and share it with the Public, is it reasonable to assume you may be arrested? Or did Raub's Facebook updates look as if he might be mentally unwell? [According to Tolley's description in the first video, Raub is being held in a mental hospital.]
Update August 18, 2012 - The Facebook page I reference above may have been sanitized.
Two comments of note on YouTube in Response to the Josh Tolley Video:
- Comment 1: "I love all the people who are looking at his one (since sanitized by friends and family) FAcebook page and reacting in outrage out of your ignorance, while his other page is VERY clearly the page o a severely mentally disturbed man. His was a lonely child looking for attention, and he got it. This is not aman that has been missed by society since he was arrested. IT isn't as if he was contributing in any way."
- Comment 2: "she never read tha comments he was adding to his fb i went and checkd it out and they were deleted all he had on there were videos and something from the 10th so if they were deleted it must of been something good all of u are reacting before knowing what happened for sure since they were deleted maybe he did something that should get somebody arrested"
Update August 19, 2012 -
Brandon was a contributor to a website called "Don't Tread on Me."
According to the above link, the five articles he wrote....
- Property, Liberty, Jesus, and Our Country
- What God Tried To Do
- Richmond Liberty March
- Economics 101
- The Richmond Liberty Movement
Apparently has a second Facebook Page: Raub Brandon - Which was the name the Tolley video description uses (as opposed to Brandon Raub). Which makes me wonder if this Facebook account could have been the subject of the arrest.
Current #FreeBrandonRaub on Twitter regarding Brandon Raub.
Update August 20, 2012 -
According to Richmond-Times Dispatch's "Chesterfield man held in hospital on concerns over internet posts" the FBI did not arrest Raub; the Secret Service did not arrest Raub; and, in the words of Chesterfield police Lt. Rich McCullough, "all we did was transport" him to John Randolph for medical evaluation.
"Our office had received a complaint about threatening posts," said Dee Rybiski, spokeswoman for the Richmond FBI office. "As we would do in any circumstance such as this, our office along with Chesterfield Police (Department) officers went to interview Mr. Raub.
The FBI did not arrest him," Rybiski said. "We are not commenting any further."
Chesterfield police Lt. Rich McCullough said Saturday, "We were assisting the FBI in a matter. All we did was transport" him to John Randolph for medical evaluation.
According to Secret Service spokesman Max Milien in Washington, "That subject was not arrested by us on any charges."
Updates August 21, 2012 -
Brandon Raub's hearing was Monday morning [August 20th], where he was sentenced for up to 30 days in a psych ward.
From Business Insider's Michael Kelley's article, Former Marine Brandon Raub Sentenced to 30 Days in a Pysch Ward for Facebook Posts:
Lawyers from The Rutherford Institute represented Brandon Raub during the three-hour hearing today at the John Randolph Medical Center and released a statement, saying Raub has been sentenced to "up to 30 days’ further confinement in a VA psych ward" after "government officials again pointed to Raub’s Facebook posts as the sole reason for their concern and for his continued incarceration."
- To discuss his mandatory incarceration in a Psych Ward, I seeded the above article here.
Adam Kokesh interviews Brandon Raub after the August 20th hearing:
Detained Marine Vet Brandon Raub Speaks to Adam Kokesh while in a Psych Ward
- To discuss this video see the seed, Detained for Facebook Postings, Marine Vet Brandon Raub Speaks with Adam Kokesh from Psych Ward [Video]:
According to Brandon Raub, a couple of 5 minute conversations with doctors and 25 to 28 minutes in front of a judge was enough for him to be detained against his will for another 30 days in a psychiatric hospital.
Update August 23, 2012 -
Brandon has been released. [Seeded here.]
HOPEWELL, Va. --
A judge said today he will order the release of a Marine Corps veteran being detained as a psychiatric patient after concerns over his Facebook postings.
After an hourlong hearing, Circuit Judge W. Allan Sharrett said an involuntary commitment order issued against Brandon J. Raub was invalid because it contained no allegation or basis to holding him.
Sharrett said that he was shocked by the failure of a magistrate to not include in the order any grounds for holding Raub, a Chesterfield resident who was transferred from John Randolph Hospital in Hopewell to the Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center.